|Yummo! Katie's chocolate cake so easy and delicious!|
Katie's really easy chocolate cake recipe (as it appeared on Planning with Kids).
Katie says she uses a large square cake tin or two loaf tins, how ever I used a large round spring base cake tin, and it worked a treat!
- 125 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups SR flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Dash vanilla in 1 cup full cream milk
- Mix dry ingredients (I don’t sift – ever!)
- Add wet ingredients
- Beat together with electric/hand mixer for approx 5 mins
- Bake in moderate oven (160 C) for 40-45 mins.
Ice with chocolate icing. Approx two cups icing sugar, 1/3 cup of cocoa, one tablespoon softened butter and water to mix.
Do you have a favourite cake recipe that is really really easy?